The works were undertaken in late 2014 and early 2015 consisted of the following elements:
- Removal of the old central heating boilers and replacement with new boilers.
- Separation of the heating system serving the theatre air handling unit which involved installing two new wall-hung boilers.
- Installation of a stand-alone domestic hot water system which involved the installation of two new wall-hung boilers.
- Reconfiguration of the hot and cold water systems in order to allow the hot and cold water in the building to be pressurised (boosted).
- Upgrade of the controls of the system.